Friday, September 2, 2016

Coconut Crisp

Coconut: Love it or Hate it?  When it comes to this tropical fruit, I am all about it.  Especially recently, due to a couple of health issues in the family, I have been baking with coconut products quite a bit.  This is however my first time baking with coconut flakes.  I find it really interesting to get a full of flavour, rich, creamy and aromatic cookie with just few ingredients.






This recipe is very quick and easy - just few ingredients and few pulses.




For me, there was no need to put the mixed dough into a small plastic bag to bring them together.  It was already like the picture on the left below after pulsing.  I might have processed it for too long or the butter melted in the tropical weather, but cookies still turned out very well.





I love this cookie much.  Next time, I may replace part of the flour with almond flour to bring down the content of carbohydrate to suit my family's dietary needs.

4 comments:

  1. Almond flour sounds like a great idea. Your cookies have such an even golden color! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond flour sounds like a great idea. Your cookies have such an even golden color! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete